"I have added a flag counter on the blog site too... thought it would be exciting to see where everyone who reads this comes from...
"For those who want to be alerted every time a new post is made , click in follow by email at the right side of the page & add your email address....this sends you and email when and only when I post."
- To be successful, it requires effort and commitment. If you are traveling with a partner or spouse, make sure you both have the same level of commitment. Compromise might work for a 7-day cruise, but not for over 3 months.
- Do breakfasts in the dining room. The omelets are to die for.
- Avoid the laundry. It’s a hotbed of unfounded rumour and discontent!
- Talk to the crew as equals, and get to know them. They are lovely people, and over time you will hear some amazing stories.
- Try to make friends with people who are different to your friends back home. This will enrich your experience.
- Take some tours from the ship where they are the best option, but do your own thing sometimes too. Do your homework before you leave so you know what you want to see and do.
- Chill. You’re on a cruise ship, and at sea. Shit will happen, as it would in the same period of time at home. And once you start moaning, it’s a downhill spiral…
- And if you do need to complain about something, do it with a smile and you may well find you get a better result.